Tax Residency Certificate ( TRC )
Tax Residency Certificate / Tax Domicile Certificate
A certificate issued for eligible government entities, companies and individuals to take advantage of agreements of double taxation avoidance on income signed by the UAE.
How to obtain a TRC:
A Non Resident may approach the appropriate Income Tax/Ministry of Finance or
relevant Government Authorities of the country where he/she resides to obtain a
Kindly note that a TRC is typically valid for one financial year and no other
document in lieu of TRC is considered for availing DTAA benefits. Therefore, it is
mandatory to submit TRC every year in order to avail DTAA benefit without any
List of Documents Required for Individuals to obtain TRC:
- Copy of the passport.
- Copy of valid Residential ID.
- A certified copy of (residential) lease agreement.
- Source of income/Salary certificate.
- A validated 6-month bank statement
- A report from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs specifying the number of days the resident has stayed in the UAE.
- Tax forms (if any) from the country in which the certificate is to be submitted
List of Documents Required for Companies to obtain TRC:
- A copy of the trade license and partners’ attachment.
- Establishment contract certified by official authorities (if it is not a Sole Company).
- A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ passports.
- A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ IDs.
- A copy of the company’s owners/partners/directors’ permits of residence.
- A certified copy of the audited financial accounts.
- A validated 6-month bank statement.
- A certified copy of the lease agreement.
- Tax forms (if any) from the country in which the certificate is to be submitted.